Monday, October 31, 2011

Wildin' out

This week, my boyfriend is going home for the start of deer season.  I've finally started getting used to the idea of dating someone who goes hunting, but when Andrew told me he was looking for a deer head to put on a wall, I sort of backtracked a little.  I mean, I understand boys like sports and shooting stuff, but bringing a dead animal head into your house and putting it on display?!??  I can't lie- it definitely brought out my inner Peta.  Whenever I think of hunting, I think of my grandfather's study, with his cheetah, deer, and lions on display.  When most people think of antlers and mounted animals in the home, its generally in a masculine setting, in the boy's den, a library, or a study.  Is it possible to bring deer mounts into the home and still keep the room looking feminine?  As I began looking through my archive of saved photos, I was shocked to find antlers placed in unexpected ways.  While I may not be ready to shoot my first deer, I certainly wouldn't turn down the necklace below!!

Diamonds and Antlers?! I just found my new hunting apparel from 1st Dibs!!!!
 A (very expensive) Antler Chandelier would look beautiful in the dinning room of an avid hunting family

I adore these cruelty free Antler Lamps

Loving the woodsy antler vibe these beds have to them


I saved this photo under 'dream kitchen' ages ago, I never even noticed the antelope mounted on the wall! 

I love the pair of antlers above the door to this panty- what a great subtle touch! 

This guy definitely went over board with the chandeliers, mirrors.  But I like the enthusiasm with mounted deer in the mix of everything!
 

If you still don't want a dead animal on the wall, What about a live elephant  and zebra outside your front door?  Talk about a conversation starter when you have a party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment