Monday, December 19, 2011

Obsession of the Day: Ladylike Rooms

As a girly girl galore, I'm always looking for new ways to incorporate my favorite color (pink duh!) into my life.  New shoes, new bags, new clothes- if they're pink- I'm sold.  However, I've always been a little intimidated by using pink in the home.  Sure, pink can be beautiful in bedrooms, (see 1, 2, 3), but pink in other rooms of the house often borders on Barbie's Malibu Beach Pad, and not in a good way.  That's why I was shocked when I was looking through my old issue of Elle Decor and found a, gasp, fabulous pink entry way.  Could it really be possible for bold pink accents to fill a room without crossing the line into cheeky territory?  I love the photos below, because they prove that you can use a pink palate in a room to set a ladylike tone to the entire space.  Who knew Barbie Pink could be so refined?

I'd buy this barbilicious entryway in a heartbeat
this room shows that pink is a definite do
This living room has a pink french country aesthetic
Charlotte York Goldenblatt would be right at home in this seating area
Loving the pink vibes in this retro chic living room
Who knew pink could fit right in to this hamptons home!?
Obsessed with the pink and gold wallpaper backing the bookcases

Which pink room is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment