Monday, December 19, 2011

Narrow Kitchen Design

I've been searching for houses on Realtor.com for next year and have found some fabulous gems in the area in my price range.  I've been looking forward to having my own backyard and pool after spending four years in college apartments and love driving around looking for the absolute 'dream home'.  Beautiful as they may be, homes under 2.5 million dollars in my area simply do not have an acceptable size kitchen.  As I will be a college graduate, multi million dollar mini McMansions are out of my price range and I've been forced to get used to the idea of living with a smaller kitchen.  I was so excited when I found this old photo of a narrow kitchen in my archives (below top).  I love the marble countertops and use of custom cabinetry.  Saving by buying a house in your price range and splurging on a few elaborate wow pieces to jazz up a tight space really goes to show that narrow kitchens don't have to be the end all to buying a house on a budget.

 This homeowner left  the original cabinets and appliances but added a coat of black chalk board paint, a vintage chandelier, and a modern print to turn this previously drab kitchen into a sassy modern space. 
 A kitchen of any size would have room for an island or bar if it had this compact kitchen concept design model in lieu of a traditional kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment