Saturday, October 29, 2011

Bringing Some Fashion into the Home

There's nothing that cheers me up more than flipping through the most recent issue of Vogue on my coffee table after a long day.  Something about couture and amazing jewelry can make any day better.  I love the idea of bringing fashion into the home in unexpected ways.  I'm inspired every time I visit my friend Alex's house and oogle over the framed covers that decorate her bathroom walls and have been looking for something like that for my bedroom.  Plus what could be more inspiring than looking at your favorite editorials when getting ready each morning?

When I stumbled upon Kelly Smith's amazing Etsy shop, Birdy & Me, I found the perfect thing to fill the blank wall in my closet.  Her fashion inspired watercolor paintings feature fabulous models and amazing designer clothes- in perfect detail.  I can't frame my copy of Chanel and the Beast to hang it, my closet has never been more fabulous!

I love this painting of Natasha Poly at last years D&G Show
 Who couldn't use a little more Chanel in their life?!


Check out Kelly's store here.

No comments:

Post a Comment