Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween Decor

My favorite part of any holiday is hanging festive decorations around my house.  I store a tubberware bins for each holiday in our storage closet.  Last year I found these darling candy corn and dangling spider lights that I used to frame the outside of my console table and dinning room table.  Then I hung black and orange garland from the chandelier in my dinning space.  But this Halloween I'm throwing a costume dinner party at my house so I want to go over the top with decorations to set the mood for the party.  I ordered some great affordable decorations at West Elm and Peir 1.  Check out my favorite ones below!

How do you decorate for Halloween?

1. Pumpkin Rug; My current halloween rug is getting a little worn after 4 years, but I'm excited to sport this new shag rug in my entry way
2.Wall Decor; I'm a sucker for goofy festive signs like this and they always make great conversation starters.  I hang them from doors and prop them up on empty counter space.  
3.Candle Holder These tea light holders remind me of the christmas display settings my mom puts up on our fireplace mantle.  I think these would make a great center piece in lieu of flowers
4.Glitter Spray; I place glitterspray in clear vases filed with black and orange stones (check out pet or craft stores for affordable options).  I place 3-4 vases of different height as centerpieces on tables on my dinning room table.
5. Hanging Bats; What better way to create a spooky entry way then to hang these glitter bats from the ceiling in a front hallway?!
 6. Halloween Masks; I like making fun place settings, but most options you see in Martha Steward are always too expensive for my college student budget.  I can't wait to place one of these on each persons plate.  Plus, it makes an easy fix for anyone who doesn't come dressed in theme!
 7. Glitter Skulls  These glitter skulls look so fabulous on my coffee table and mantle- I almost want to leave them up year round!

My favorite decoration this year?  The pumpkins picked out from a pumpkin patched and carved a few days ago.  Not only is carving pumpkins so much fun, but our freshly roasted pumpkin seeds are my new go to snack!  
                                         My Pumpkin                                         Andrew's Pumpkin



No comments:

Post a Comment