Saturday, November 6, 2010

Bedroom Furniture Finds


I'm so excited!! I bought my first house today. Well, technically I only made a very low offer, but still its so exciting and still worth celebrating!! I have this massive accounting presentation on Monday. Normally, my nerdy accounting loving self would be thrilled about spending my Saturday night researching the new conversion project (no, really I would be!!) However, in my excited state the only thing I can think about is my new home!! Or my maybe new home. Don't kill my excitement and rain on my procrastinating parade.

So I spend my night looking all over Etsy for fun decorative items. Have you guys visited http://www.etsy.com? If not I think you are sincerely lacking in life! Its such a cool site. Casa Red Herring is going to be a interior decorators dream house, however its going to be a major budget dream house. And Etsy has some great barginista finds.
My top favorite ones as of now:
1. This vintage Chifferobe. First of all I love the name. "Chifferobe" so french elegant. I think I want to paint it a pale yellow and paint the etched pattern a blue color and put it in my new bathroom. (I should have prefaced this by telling you all that my bedroom colors are going to be a yellow blue and light blue theme. I'll upload the real colors tomorrow). Don't you think it would be perfect to hold toiletries and rolled bath towels? I just love art deco pieces like this.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/43371227/vintage-1930s-art-deco-chifferobe

2. This next item is a fabulous find. I want a dresser for my room that has more depth to it than your standard run of the mill Jerome's or Ashley furniture dressers. So I found this French Style dresser. I'm in love with it and its low price. I have such big dreams for this little piece of furniture.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/60150777/vintage-french-style-henry-link-triple
So Imagine this^ gorgey dresser, with this elegant paint job:


And what do you get?
Bedroom Dresser Perfection!! Do you agree?

3. I'm in love with this Broken China Table. I don't know where I'd put it, but I just know that I absolutely must buy it. I was thinking of putting it in my bedroom, and it would kind of go with that blue/yellow/white colour scheme I have going on. Or possibly using this with some fabulous white outdoor wicker chairs to put on my little patio. Wherever it goes, it will look ah-mazing no doubt!
http://www.etsy.com/listing/50015652/vintage-hand-set-broken-china-mosaic
4. Oh look! The matching nightstands to my dresser. Obviously a must buy! (These would have the same fabulous paint job as the dresser.)
http://www.etsy.com/listing/60151351/vintage-french-style-henry-link-night

5. The second I saw this Broyhill Lingerie Chest, I knew I must buy it. I love having bedrooms with lots of dressers and drawer chests (for storing sweaters and my gazillion tourist t-shirts). Don't you think this would be perfect to store all of your winter sweaters and scarfs? The top drawers could be for red and pink sweaters, the middle one for black, the bottom drawer for my cold weather scarves.... I don't know how I'd paint it though. It really looks fabulous in the natural wood color, but I don't think that would match the rest of my room. Do you have any ideas?
http://www.etsy.com/listing/58626305/vintage-broyhill-lingerie-chest

6. This Chippy Country French Three Drawer Chest would make the perfect addition to my bedroom!! Yes it has a few chips, but for the price (150$) this baby has good bones. If you slapped on a fresh coat of paint, you'd be ready to go!!


I think I would paint it in the same colors. Do you think it would be boring to have all of my furniture painted in the same way? Perhaps its better to have some diversity.

If I had a bazillion dollars to spend I would buy this little piece of fabulous. I saw it on etsy last week and saved the photos. I think it was $800 (!) Which is, sadly, out my budget range. However I was thinking of trying to transform one of the more simple dressers on etsy to look like this. Love me an arts and crafts project... Especially when the project turns out looking like this---- Can you say "hello luvah...."
Do you think I could do it?

I'm Jherring and this is My Red Herring

No comments:

Post a Comment