Saturday, November 13, 2010

Furniture Excursion part 2: Freed's Furniture 1

I don't really know who came up with the name Freed's Furniture Store, but they should really change the store name to "Shop here because we carry gorgeous furniture at a price you can afford and you will want to buy everything in this store, plus we offer free water to shoppers."

On second thought Freed's was probably cheaper to fit on their store sign... Oh well, here are all of the pieces I loved at Freed's.

1. I love when you walk into a ski lodge and they have a nice little bench where you can take off you ski boots, and have a convenient spot to store handbags and jackets you use/wear on a daily basis. I think benches are a great way to take up space on an empty wall, and unlike a foyer console table, benches are more utilitarian and serve an actual purpose! This bench was the first thing I saw when I walked into the store, and I just knew I had to have it. I love that it has a mirror attached to the top of it, so you can do one last wardrobe check before you head out the door, and the lone star on top is such a perfect little decorative touch that keeps this bench from looking like your typical run of the mill, cookie cutter furniture item.
^Sorry I can't figure out how to rotate photos yet



2. I love these two bed frames for my new bedroom. After touring a few furniture stores today, I realized white bed frames are much more difficult to find then traditional wood frames. Finding a white traditional bed frame? Nearly impossible. So when I saw these two, reasonable priced, white traditional bed frames... my heart leaped for joy. I can't decide which I like better, the four poster bed, or the regular bed frame. Whenever I see a four poster bed, I always think of the bed I had growing up- a four poster bed with a lace canopy. Now whenever I see four poster beds, I can't help but think they belong in a child's room. Am I being ridiculous?



3. I adore these blue vases. Does anyone know what this style of china is called? I cannot for the life of me remember, but I want to fill my entire house with it!!


4. Oscar De La Renta does home decor?!?? Piggy bank, prepare to be broken. This white an blue lamp is amazing. And I absolutely will be purchasing it, even if my budget dies in the process...



5. This console is absolutely divine, especially given the price. The lace woodwork detail makes this a perfect piece to place on a wall in a living room.



6. I thought this red Bombay chest would be a perfect way to bring a pop of color into a Tuscan style living room. I feel that people tend to drag their rooms down with color palates consisting of tan, brown, goldy tan, browny tan, olive, olivey brown, ivory... you get the picture. A Tuscan style house doesn't need to be drab, it can be totally fab (ha) when you add pops of red, gold, and even a muted turquoise in key accent pieces.



7. This bedroom set was really reasonable and yet didn't look like it was picked up at Ikea and assembled at home.




8. I would die for this bedroom set. It was obviously incredibly expensive, but this is one four poster bed I love! The rod iron canopy is so elegant. I just love baroque bed sets!!


9. This set of drawers would make another perfect living room addition!
^Sorry I don't know how to rotate it!


10. This sofa set is 700$. Can you say bargain buy!! My mom thinks plain leather sofas can veer into looking like they belong in a TV den, but I think if you place this sofa set in a properly decorated room you can make it look elegant. Just think of the extra 400$ you'd have to spend on the set of drawers above!!








11. My new apartment has a breakfast counter, so I need to look for some bar stools as well. I'm not sure these ivory bar stools would match, but if painted a different color, I think these could work!! They're 99$ and look so much better than your boring regular leather topped bar stools.



12. CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS MARBLE TOPPED COFFEE TABLE IS ONLY 329$?!?! Sorry, I had problems keeping my excitement down about this awesome coffee table!! This coffee table adds an instant chic to any room its in. The second I saw it, the back sale warehouse even looked slightly more elegant, (florescent lighting and all!!) See Mom, plain leather sofas can look great when accessorized well!!



13. This sofa is also equally fabulous, although its slightly more expensive.



14. This marble bordered coffee table is so reasonable (118$) and is so pretty! The only problem is that it is being sold as is- without the matching glass piece. I'm not really sure how a plain square glass piece can be, but I love this table none the less!!




15. A rectangle entry table to put at the top of my stairs or in my bedroom for 162$? Add this baby to the tab!!




16. This mirror was so reasonable and I think it would be perfect hanging on a wall in a living room above a chest of drawers.



17. Like benches in entry ways, I think a vanity is a must in any bedroom. This white vanity would be perfect to place in my new bedroom!!



18. This round table is gorgeous. It had a few chips in the wood, but I think that could be repaired very easily. Because of the more intricate pattern on this table, you could use simple (cheap) dinning room chairs from ikea and still have an fabulous looking dinning room.




19. Love love love this 439 plain dining room table. Bargainista find? I think so!!



20. Ughhh I love this desk so much. Its huge, which is perfect because when I have to work I need space to spread out all my books/papers/binders/folders/laptop. Those tiny ikea desks simply don't work for me! Plus, I think this desk looks like a thousand bucks. Literally, I think it looks like it costs a 1000$. I was kind of hesitant to check the price tag, because its always a little kill joy when you look at a price tag and realize its wayyy out of your budget. When I looked at the price tag for this desk and saw 537$, I nearly had a heart attack... of surprise/excitement!!





21. This white dresser is little slice of vinatage style heaven. In the words of Paris Hilton, I "Loves it bitches" ha.


I have a million more photos to share with you guys, but its time for bed! Until tomorrow...

I'm Jherring and this is my Red Herring

No comments:

Post a Comment