Saturday, November 13, 2010

Furniture Excursion part 1: Haverty's Furniture

I decided to stop by Haverty's Furniture because it was right off the freeway and on the way to my next stop. I hear Haverty's ads all the time on the radio, but honestly, I was not impressed. They're furniture was incredibly overpriced! I asked my salesman (I believe his name was Harold) if they had any faux leather sofas, or any cheaper leather alternatives. He gave me such a condescending look and replied "We only carry fabric and real leather sofas." Psh! Harold will not be winning a bagainista award anytime soon!!
They did have a few good pieces that were within my price range. I took photos of the sofa and the price tag/SKU number, here they are:

1. I thought this green cord sofa was quite fabulous. I'm simply obsessed with nail head sofas. I think they are just divine. I think the green cord material is a little more feminine than a traditional brown leather sofa, yet the solid olive color and texture of the corduroy fabric kept this sofa from looking too avant garde, like some of the other Tuscan style fabric sofas. While the $899 price tag may shock my bank account, it was definitely one of the more reasonably priced Haverty sofas.

2. I'm not really a fan of a cottage style living room for my new apartment. I really like the look of a traditional cottage style house, I just don't think it would work for my new apartment. But these style sofas were too fabulous not to post!
Doesn't Yellow Seer Sucker make for a perfect sofa?

3. This yellow and blue striped sofa matches perfectly with the yellow and blue pillows I have in my bedroom. While this sofa may not match my living room, maybe it can go in my bedroom?


4. Okay so a sofa in a bedroom is a little (a lot) excessive; but what about a nice sofa chair? I think its completely necessary, ish.


5. The next few sofas I'm going to lump into one. They were all modern suede sofa pieces- all in pastel colors. Do you like the pastel olive green sofa? I can't decide whether its too trendy for a more Tuscan style living room. Hmmmm.





6. What Haverty's lacked in cheap sofas, they made up for in bargain decorative items. I will definitely be heading back just to stock up on white candlesticks like these, or decorative jars to place on my kitchen counter!


I'm Jherring and this is my Red Herring

No comments:

Post a Comment