Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Furniture Excursion part 2: Freed's Furniture 2



Hey guys!! Here are a ton more photos from my trip to Freed's Furniture. They had so many great items, I fell in love with their entire store- and for once, a lot of it was in my price range! Check out their website here: http://www.freeds.net/. I know its a lot of photos, but I just adored everything I saw and wanted to share it with you guys!!

1. This marble trimmed armoire is such a beautiful piece. What makes this stand out from the millions of other dressers in the warehouse? Well first of all, the marble trim is impossible to miss, and its clear why! While you see marble topped tables and dressers, its rare to see marble as a trim on furniture, and it takes this dresser from boring and ordinary to an absolute must buy. I just love how the marble trim was placed too, instead of having one long thick line of marble running up both sides of the armoire, the marble is broken up buy faux wood columns. Don't you just love the touch of gilded wood running along the top of the armoire and in the flower carvings in the doors? The small hint of gold really makes the tan and ivory colors in the marble pop. This armoire is a little pricey, but I think it's totally worth it!!




2. This dresser is darling. I would love to paint it a gorgeous sage green color and place it behind a plain brown leather sofa or along a wall in a living room. While dressers are traditionally put in bedrooms, I think that a dresser can work in a living room, as long as its painted in a fun color and not in a wood finish. Plus, its such a great way to fill up empty wall space and provides a counter top to show off photo frames and fun trinkets.



3. This photo came out really dark, but this dresser/mirror set was beautiful and was only 328$ for both pieces!! It looked exactly like a dresser/mirror set I had in my old bedroom in high school, which was probably why I loved it so much!!



4. Since I have an obsession with anything and everything with nail heads, I could not resist this ah-mazzzing sofa set. I just love the scalloped back on it!! What do you guys think of the nailhead trend






5. This sage fabric sofa set was also nice. I'm not a huge fan of fabric sofas, I think they generally look over the top or end up looking frumpy. We have one in the apartment I live in now, and even after just two years the seat cushions look sad and dumpy and we're always flipping over cushions to cover up stains. I think leather tends to hold up much better over time. Since my mother despises leather sofas (see the plain leather sofa in my last post for why...), I tried to find a few non-leather sofa options. I like how the love seat is just one large cushion, I can imagine snuggling up and watching a movie on it, but I'm just not crazy about the larger sofa. I can already see the sofa cushions getting flat and worn and spilled on. Do any of you have fabric sofas? How have yours kept up with time?







6. I liked this sofa as well, although I think it could be a tad too masculine for me.




7. Here is the sectional version of the sofa shown above. For some reason, the sectional version looks much more feminine, and I could definitely see it in my living room.






8. I adored this leather trimmed fabric sofa. While I normally hate fabric sofas, I actually really liked the fabric on this, and I think the seat cushions would hold up a lot better over time. Although, go figure, it was completely out of my price range!! Oh well!

 


9. I'm so bummed this photo didn't come out very well. This sofa was a gorgeous brown and gold velvet with a leather and nailhead trim. Can you say dream sofa? 

10. I love love love this ridiculously expensive sofa. It has the big 5 I look for in a sofa- a fabric color I'm not repulsed by, gorgeous leather trim, a scalloped back (and bottom), nailhead trim, and rounded/scrolled sides. I'm praying that the next time I visit Freed's it's magically on sale for half off. What! A girl can dream can't she?


11. Anouther suede nailhead sofa like the one I saw at Haverty's. I think this one was cheaper though.



12. I know what you're thinking, "More nailhead sofas?" I have a problem okay? Its not my fault- I just love everyone I see!!



 ^Close up of the fabric on this sofa


13. My mother would love this sofa! Look at all the pillows and the pretty tan color. Plus, just like me, my mom falls in love with really expensive furniture. Sadly, at $2,800, this sofa qualifies for the really expensive/break the piggy bank category.


14. This marble topped console would look fabulous in a foyer or entry way.


15. I'm kind of confused by what "table complete" means. Does that mean its complete with all the chairs? Or does that just mean the table is complete-ly put together and doesn't come with chairs? All of the price tags said "Table Complete," so I'm not really sure if the prices are reasonable or not, but whatever. I liked this simple wood table with the rod iron detailing. It seats 8, but if I ever had a really big party, it could extend to fit 10.
^The chairs that went with the table
^The Side Chairs the went with the table


16. This traditional wood table was very reasonable and with some colorful seat cushions and centerpiece, I think it would make for a perfect dinning room.



17. This etched table is divine. The diamond pattern in the center keeps it from looking like your standard dinning room table, and I actually really adore the little suede chairs that are paired with it.

18. I think this table is a must buy. I know the wood is lighter than the wood on my floors, but I think it might be able to work. Plus how can you resist the gilded borders and sides? What is your opinion on having different colored wood furniture from the color of your wood floors. Does it add diversity to the room or just make a room look sloppy?



19. This was a ridiculously cheap dinning room table.

20. A great cottage style dinning room option if you don't want an all white dinning room table.

21. Another very cheap table.

22. A cheap cottage style dinning room- $848 for the table and eight chairs!!
 

23. These leather chairs are so chic and match perfectly with the table I love below!

24. How perfect would it be if you had the marble topped coffee table from my previous post and tied it into your dinning room with this marble topped dinning room table. I think it would make the two rooms flow together nicely. Plus, marble topped tables have another advantage over their wood finished counterparts- they don't get scratched or show cup rings. I love when things are practical, fabulous, and reasonably priced- the bargainista trifecta!!


25. Another marble topped dinning room table.


26. The coloring of this stone topped table is magnificent.
 

27. More stone topped tables!! (This is so reasonable! all you would need to do is purchase two more spiffy chairs to serve as your side chairs and you'd be set for dinning room fabulousity!

28. I'll give you one guess as to what this next piece is.... A stone topped table!!

29. A great round table option. What do you guys prefer- round or rectangular dinning room tables?

30. This leather cocktail ottoman is would be a perfect coffee table if you have a fabric sofa. Stick a tray with martini's on top of it and you have instant party chic!

That's all for now!!
I'm Jherring and this is my Red Herring

No comments:

Post a Comment