Thursday, November 11, 2010

Not So Fabulous One Kings Lane Peices part 1

So 99.999% of the things on http://www.onekingslane.com are completely fabulous; however, the occasional .001% are awful (not to mentioned overpriced!). So readers you decide... Trashy or fabulous? Overpriced or totally worth it? You decide!

1. Okay so its not that I don't love myself a gorgeous wooden bowl, but this wood bowl from One Kings Lane was for sale at circa 800$. Considering you can find this pieces 100$ twin on http://www.etsy.com, I think this is ridiculously overpriced. What do you think?
2. I think I like this table. Its a cool idea at the very least. If I was living in a studio apartment in New York City a la Carrie Bradshaw and had a 3 ft square dinning area, this would be a practical must buy. Since my dreams have yet to come true... and space isn't a huge issue, I can't decide what I think about it. Do you think its a cool idea and a must buy? Or is this breakfast table just a little too kitschy and tacky?

3. Story time! For years my mother has been telling me about this tacky coffee table my dad purchased for his college apartment. This thing was beaten up, had pen markings etched into it and worst of all followed my mother and him as they got married and moved into their first... and second home together. Every time my mother tells this story, one thing is clear- this coffee table repulsed her. When I first saw this, I couldn't help but think, "OMG! The coffee table has been resurrected and come back from the dump! And its being sold for 900$ on One Kings Lane?!??" Okay, so maybe its not the same coffee table, but I just think this coffee table is one of the most hideous and tacky things I have ever seen!! Am I overreacting? Would you want this in your living room?!

4. The coffee table's evil twin!! What is with these tiled light colored wood tables?!

5. One Kings Lane, I am disappointed in you! I look to you for classy fashion forward pieces and this awful purple mess of a bench looks like it is straight out of Caesar's Las Vegas.... pre-1990's remodel! Awful awful awful.

6. This bar table could be okay... if placed in a carefully decorated room. This table just walks a fine line between being a show-stopper and looking cheap. It should really come with a sign saying, "Decorate with care.."


7. The Evil Tiled table numero tres! While the rod iron makes this table a little more appealing than its two predecessors, it still looks like too much of an outdoor table to be used as a dining room table, (its meant to be for indoor use, not outdoor).

8. I really want to like this box. I feel like it has potential to have just the right amount of mod to it; however, the finished product looks more like a child's first grade art project than a chic decorative accessory. While mothers may display their children's artwork because of its sentimental value, it certainly doesn't mean you need to go out and spend 400$ on a kindergarten project look-alike.


One Kings Lane, I adore most of the things one your site. But please, please, please- No more tiled tables!!!

I'm Jherring and this is my Red Herring

No comments:

Post a Comment