Monday, November 14, 2011

Blue and White China: The Inspiration

I've always been inspired by blue and white chinoiserie.  Something about placing blue and white china in a room transforms it into a regal space.  When I began contemplating color palates for my first college bedroom, I loved looking through photos of blue and white rooms in Architectural Digest and Southern Living, but always though the design aesthetic would be unobtainable at my budget.  However, my mom and I were doing some after christmas shopping at the Ralph Lauren Outlet and I found the most fabulous Ralph Lauren blue and white duvet cover.  (Ralph seriously can do no wrong with his designs).  Off I went, picking up blue and white trinkets wherever I went. Quaint little blue and white vanity trays on sale for $4.99 at Marshalls, precious painted blue and white china shoes at Freeds and accent pillows on Ebay.      

I was browsing online for photos of fabulous Thanksgiving table settings (post is coming soon!) and I stumbled upon the most fabulous blue and white dining room.  I went through all of archived photos and was stunned at all the beautiful photos I've saved over the years.  Check out some of my favorite photos below!

































No comments:

Post a Comment